Crispy spelt flour waffles and mouth watering deep fried oyster mushrooms
- 175 g spelt flour (1 and ½ cup)
- 2tsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 20 g oil
- 300 ml plant based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
Preheated your waffle maker. In one bowl combine apple cider vinegar with milk and set aside for 10 min. In the meantime combine dry ingredients in separate bowl. Add all wet ingredients and whisk together. Bake waffles as per your waffle maker directions. Mine took 6 minutes.
- few oyster mushrooms
- 50 g chickpea flour (can be substituted with other type)
- 80 ml water (approx)
- spices:smoked paprika (a lot), salt, pepper, chili, garlic powder, cumin etc
- 1 tsp harissa or tomato paste (optional)
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- panco or breadcrumbs
Preheat oil in the pan (or fryer). Wash and separate oyster mushrooms. Combine all ingredients except last one. Cover the mushrooms in batter, then roll in panco or breadcrumbs.
Fry few minutes until golden. Serve immediately on waffles with your favorite barbecue sauce and (mandatory) maple syrup!