I find one pot meals the best comfort food! This bean and veggie stew with pasta is an excellent example.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200 g oyster mushrooms, chopped
- handful of dried or fresh shiitake mushrooms (optional)
- 200 g carrot sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 150 g tomato paste
- 250 g cannelloni beans – 1 can
- 100 g dried wholegrain pasta
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt, pepper, oregano, chili, smoked paprika
Prepare the veggies as per ingredients list.
Heat up oil in the pan, add onion and garlic. After few minutes add mushrooms. Fry until golden. Add celery, carrots, tomato paste and 1 cup of water. Cook for few minutes, then add another cups of water and bring to boil. Add beans and pasta, salt and spices. Cook your pasta al dente (as per direction on the package). Add more water if needed. Taste and adjust the flavor by adding more spices or herbs. Serve with a piece of bread.