Pumpkin season at its best! Pumpkin, mushroom and chickpea burgers with extra pumpkin and chia protein powder. Must do this fall as these babies are full of protein and healthy fats.
- 300 g oyster mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can of chickpeas (mine had 240 g)
- 100 g roasted pumpkin (here red kuri squash)
- 30 g pumpkin & chia seeds Protein Powder
- 1 flax egg
- handful of fresh herb mix (thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano)
- salt, pepper, chili, pinch of cinnamon
Chop the mushrooms, onion and garlic and fry until golden. Add 1/3 of herbs in the middle of frying. Transfer all into a food processor. Add chickpeas and start processing, Add pumpkin and rest of the ingredients. Form burgers and bake in the oven for 25 min, flipping on the other side halfway through or fry in the pan.
I used Pumpkin and Chia seeds protein powder from That Protein. It’s 100% plant based, all natural and without additional sweeteners! I used this brand protein powder on daily basis! Check their products here: That Protein Shop